1. You’ll get a senior technician who will take time to explain your options, answer your questions, and help you make a good buying decision based on what YOU need, not what I have to clear off my store shelves. If you buy from an electronics superstore, there’s a good chance you’ll end up talking to a teenager working on commission who doesn’t have any real technical expertise. Since they don’t offer custom-built machines, they will try to talk you into buying whatever they have in-store which may not necessarily be the best choice for your specific needs.
If you buy online, you’ll get very little or no help in selecting the right combination of components and options, so this works best ONLY for those individuals who really know what they are buying.
2. Superior technical support and service after the sale. If you’ve ever dealt with a manufacturer’s technical support in the past, you know how frustrating it can be. After waiting on hold for days, you’ll end up speaking with a “technician” who doesn’t have a clue. Most of the time they’re reading from a script and taking you through a series of system checks you could have done on your own.
Whenever you have a problem with a machine that you purchased from YOUR COMPANY, we’ll troubleshoot it for free. Plus, you won’t have to wait on hold when you call, which brings me to another point…
3. If you need technical support on a computer that you bought from us, you won’t go through voice mail jail or be transferred to another country. To save money, many manufacturers are outsourcing their technical support to India. The people they hire to speak English, but it is sometimes difficult to communicate with them.
4. For no extra charge, we’ll set up your e-mail account, Internet access, check your virus protection, set up your firewall, and other preferences and settings. When you buy from a superstore or online, it’s up to you to configure your new machine.
5. We’ll custom build a new PC using parts from your old PC. Maybe you just need more memory and a video card added. If you simply want to “upgrade” your PC to save a few dollars, we will gladly do it for you. This is something that no other store or online supplier will offer.
The bottom line is this: if you are shopping solely on price and aren’t too picky, then watch the weekend papers for sales at your local electronic superstore. They can offer a great price on a standard machine. Usually, you can save anywhere from $100—$200 buying this way.
For semi-customization at a decent price, check the Internet. There are hundreds of online resellers offering PCs at competitive prices. Just keep in mind that you will get very generic support and service after the sale. Don’t expect them to bend over backward to help you set it up or answer your questions.
For best customization and service and support after the sale, buy from. You’ll pay a little bit more but we’ll make sure you get exactly what you need without any hassle or problems, and we’ll be around to answer your questions and take care of any problems you experience.
If you have questions related to this topic or IT issues in general, please feel free to contact us using the information provided below
Telephone: (408) 400-0232